dilluns, 26 de novembre del 2007

Sun Microsystems

While I am doing the Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 installation on my laptop (well, to be correct, this is the tirth installation today. Believe that my laptot will swallow Ubuntu the fist time is impossible) and beeing bored, I start looking up through internet and I finally arrive into the Sun Microsystems' web page.
If somebody comes now and tells me that I cannot continue studing after I finish my Master's Degree on Open Source so I have to choose a company where I would like to work, no doubt I will choose Sun Microsystems. This company is really amazing!
How many developers that not work with Java can enjoy an API as good and well documented as this done by Sun? Well, you can tell me this is easy to do with javadoc so it doesn't implicate any effort. I don't agree with that because it means having a good organization behind so every developer of Javas' API knows which commets have to appear in his code so the language learning will be easy for the rest of programmers.
In addition, what can you say about Sun applications? I have been testing NetBeans IDE and Glassfish J5EE server (open version of Application Server) and I can say both of them are fabulous.
About NetBeans IDE, it is specialized on Java but i seems that plugins for other languages are appearing little by little (nowadays we can find C/C++ plugin which works perfectly although autocompletition functionality is missing). Without thinking about this lack of languages support, the way NetBeans works is really nice, it is esay to understand an use and, what's more, is light (it seems that my laptop is going to taking off when I work with Eclipse! XDD).
If we talk about Glassfish, I was really surprised about the web administration power that the server offers. Personally, I think it's a very good server that gives plenty EJB 3.0 support, nice, easy to use and administrate... I like it much more than RedHat's JBoss.
Finally, Sun offers a set of additional documentation as manuals, tutorials, references... that helps programmers that ara studying amb using Sun new technologies, products and services.

I will choose Sun Microsystems if I have to work in some company, although it isn't her best epoch.

P.D.: My Ubuntu X can't be booted if I don't enter to any tty before starting them, which says to me "FWH not detected" XDD. My laptop and Ubuntu have their own life...