diumenge, 17 de juny del 2007

Last.fm

In this post I want present to you a web page the objective of which is to provide a radio service through internet. It is called Last.fm and it gives lots of fuctionalities to its users. Examples of these servicies are:
  • Create s user profile
  • Create radio stations (perhaps, palylists is a better word than radio stations to define this feature) with the music categorized by the same users
  • Create a playlist with the music of your favourite singers and similar
  • The same web produces stadistics of the music that you listen and creates comparisons with your friends. It makes you recomendations depending on your likings and shows you neighbours with musical preferences similar to yours (difference between neighbours and friends is based in the fact that a friend is this person you have added to your count while a neighbour is a Last.fm user who only has a musical compatibility with you)
In addition, you can create a privileged count, paying some quote. However, I can say thit is unnecessary from my experience, because basic offered services are varied and allow users to enjoy music during hours. I can state since I'm using Last.fm my amule is more lazy than ever because I don't download so many songs, only these that really means something for me.

In other hand, for those of us that uses Linux. more specifically Ubuntu "Fiesty" (I don't know if it works in older versions) you can configure your music player Rhythmbox so it will play trhough Last.fm directly. To configure the program you have to follow 4 steps:
  1. In Rhythbox go to Edit -> Connectors
  2. Choose Last.fm connector and press configuration button
  3. Write the login and password of your Last.fm count and start to enjoy of your favourite music!! :D
I only have discobered a little problem: with my awful ADSL connection and with the amule connected there ara sometimes that the radio station stops. However it is nothing that can not be solved pressing "play" button.
I recommend it to you, prove ti!! ;)

3 comentaris:

Daisel ha dit...

I've entered sometimes in this page, and i can't listen a complete song. When you talk about "playlist" what is exactly what you mean?

Sorry for my english, you know... i'm not good with this.

Milana ha dit...

With "playlist" i mean the radio station that you create. I will explaint it better:
If you see second image in the post, this is the section "Listen". You can type the name of your favourite singer or group there and the web page system will prepare a playlist with songs of similar artist for you.
For example, typing "Tracy Chapman" (a great singer) you can listen songs of Alanis Morissette, Sheryl Crow, Bryan Adams... and others...

Othedwise, I rarely find incomplete songs... (they lasted 30 seconds). Which singers do you listen?

Anònim ha dit...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=diskeeper pro premier 2008 12.0.770 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg